Description: This class introduces the basic concepts in Ayurveda. It is one of the oldest holistic health science in the world. Ayurveda is a unique system of wellness which focuses on the mind body relation and the importance of balance to ensure health. Its beauty lies in its perpetual principles which were applicable 5000 years ago and are applicable even today. Come and explore the world of Ayurveda and what it has to offer you.
What will I learn: During the class, the attendees will learn about:
- The basic concepts of Ayurveda
- Secret of good health in Ayurveda
- Relation between Ayurveda and Yoga
- Five elements concept
- Concept of Agni: Fire element:
- Concept of Ama:
- Ayurveda body makeup (Prakriti)
- Wellness in Ayurveda
- Activity: Identifying your dosha type !
- Making and sipping on CCF Tea
Who can attend: Anyone who is interested in learning about Ayurveda.
What to bring: Positive and open mind, Water, Pen, pencils and notebook to take notes.
Time: 3-4:30 pm
Venue: Yoga Retreat
Duration: 1-1.5 hours
Investment: $30 per person.